- US example
- 1.5 Series Fixed Head Coupe 2+2
- Manual transmission
- Matching numbers engine and gearbox, confirmed by the Jaguar Heritage Ceritificate (pdf)
- Stunning Opalescent Silver Blue colour
- Very good and original condition with some removable upgrades (original parts included)
- Czech historic registration
- All documents were checked and the car was photographed personally by Auctomobile
- Other features: possibility of assisting with registration, transport, insurance, storage and Trusted Checkout payment
- Please note that this car will be available for viewing by prior appointment in Prague, Czech Republic
U.S. government regulations dictated the first major set of changes to the Jaguar E-type. The cosmetic changes on the Series II cars resulted in the E-type losing its trademark glass covered headlights and gaining a much bigger front air intake. Bumpers grew in size and the tail lights were moved below the rear bumpers. Interiors also became less distinctive with safety switches replacing the aircraft like toggle switches. These changes came gradually, giving rise to the so-called Series 1.5 cars which initially looked rather similar to the Series I cars. On the plus side, the cooling system, always a thorn in the car’s side was upgraded with dual electric fans and the brakes also gained bigger calipers. The Series II Jaguar E-Type was also an improvement ergonomically over the earlier cars. On the minus side, U.S. emission regulations claimed one carburetor and horsepower dropped from 265 hp to 245 hp. Body styles continued as with the Series I with coupe, convertible and 2+2 available. Wire wheels became optional for the first time with chrome steel wheels with disc hubcaps being standard. So the Series I cars are still the pure E-types to go for.
This very well kept Jaguar E-type 1.5 Series 2+2 Fixed Head Coupe is a very good condition, imported from US in 2008 directly to Czech Republic, in the current possession from 2015.
Well kept in original condition with few sensible and removable (all original parts come with the car) upgrades – for example electronic distributor from 123ignition, adjustable front dampers from Gaz, polyurethane suspension bushes from Polybush, spin-on oil filter etc.
Externally in very good condition, the paint comes from an older US renovation, so there are a few stone chips and bruises.
Interior in black leather (car manufactured originally in dark blue leather), nice and very original (except of the radio).
The tires are Michelin XVS 185VR15 from 2016 still in a very good condition. Fitted with front and rear safety belts from Quickfit (UK) in blue.
The Car has a Czech historic registration.